Dessert recipes are often thought of as difficult or time consuming. Often unhealthy and unnecessary are used in desert descriptions in some articles. However, nothing could be further from the truth. Everything in moderation including a nice flavorful dessert, in a reasonable proportion definitely changes and adds to the end enjoyment of a meal.
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3 cups sliced peaches
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place one pie crust into a pie plate.
Toss peaches and blueberries in a bowl with lemon juice. Mix sugar, tapioca, and salt in a small bowl and add to peach mixture; stir to combine. Allow fruit to rest for 15 minutes, then transfer to prepared pie plate. Scatter margarine pieces over fruit and brush the edge of the pie with water. Cover pie with remaining crust; press and seal the top and bottom crusts.
Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown and fruit is bubbly 45 to 50 minutes.
- 1 9 inch prepared graham cracker crust
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping thawed (optional)
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (125 degrees C).
In a large glass or metal bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks, then stir in condensed milk, lime rind, and lime juice. Mix well, then fold mixture into beaten egg whites. Pour mixture into graham cracker crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Chill before serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired.
- 3 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 0.3 ounce packages sugar-free lemon flavored Jell-O(R) mix
- 1 8 ounce container lite frozen whipped topping, thawed
Place the cottage cheese in a food processor and blend until creamy. Whisk in the flavored gelatin powder, then fold in the thawed whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.