Awesome Dog Treats are Not Hard To Do!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce or mashed banana
- 1/4 cup vegetable chicken or beef stock
- bone shaped cookie cutter
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine flour, peanut butter and apple sauce in a large mixing bowl. Add stock and stir until well-combined. The dough will be thick. Once combined use your hands to press the dough into a ball.
Place dough ball on a flat service (with a sprinkle of flour if needed) and roll out evenly with a rolling pin. Dough should be about 1/4 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into desired shape and place on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Store in an airtight container.
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 TBSP brown sugar optional if your dog doesn’t like sugar
- 1 apple cored and grated (leave peel on)
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled and grated
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup water note: the apples add moisture, so only add extra water if necessary
Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a cookie sheet.
Core and grate apples; peel and grate carrots (I used food processor).
In one bowl, mix the flour, oats, and brown sugar. In separate bowl, beat the egg and mix in the oil, water, and grated apples and carrots. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients bowl and mix completely.
Carefully roll ‘dough’ out and cut out desired shape with a small cookie cutter.
Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until apple juices are soaked and biscuits are firm.
After biscuits cool, feel free to share with the pups in your life! Store in air-tight container.
Serving size: makes 20-24 small dog biscuits.
- cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil*
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease coconut oil, chicken fat, or any other fat that will solidify at room temperature, melted
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, and oil in a bowl. Add in baking soda and whole wheat flour. Stir until a stiff dough forms. Knead dough or mix just until flour is incorporated.
Roll out dough with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to cut out dog bone shapes, or just bake into little circles like cookies. Bake for 15 minutes.
Whisk the bacon grease and peanut butter until very smooth. Drizzle over the treats and cool till glaze hardens (it does best in the fridge or freezer).