- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or gluten free alternative
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar more to less to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cilantro red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds for garnish
- Cauliflower “rice” or regular rice for serving
Grease a crockpot with cooking spray and set aside.
Whisk together sauce: broth, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, ginger, and pepper.
Pour half into prepared crockpot.
Add in chicken and cover with remaining sauce.
Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 8 hours.
Remove chicken and set aside.
Whisk together water and cornstarch in a small bowl, then stir that mixture into the crockpot.
Place chicken back in, cover and cook on HIGH 20-30 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Shred chicken directly in the crockpot.
Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional information is for 4 servings. Nutrition Facts Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Amount Per Serving Calories 354 Calories from Fat 54 % Daily Value* Total Fat 6g 9% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 145mg 48% Sodium 2037mg 85% Potassium 937mg 27% Total Carbohydrates 20g 7% Sugars 15g Protein 51g 102% Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 5.8% Calcium 2.2% Iron 9.8% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. *Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs lightly beaten
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper finely chopped
- 3 cans 15 ounces each tomato sauce
- 2 cans 14-1/2 ounces each diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can 6 ounces tomato paste
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil oregano and parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked spaghetti
In a large bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, pepper and salt; stir in eggs. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches over medium heat; drain.Place the first five sauce ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker; stir in garlic and seasonings. Add meatballs, stirring gently to coat. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meatballs are cooked through.Remove bay leaves. Serve with spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts 1 cup (calculated without spaghetti): 250 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1116mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.